- Participants must be between 18 and 32 years old.
- Participants must be enrolled in a professional musical education program or must have completed a professional musical training.
- The application is only valid via our registration form and upon upload of all requested files before 25.06.2023. It is no longer possible to change your entries after this
- Last year's prize-winners are not eligible to participate in the current competition.
- The application video must have been recorded within the last 6 months.
- The participant confirms with his/her application that all information provided in the registration form is complete and truthful.
- By registering, the participant confirms that there are no business relations with any of the jury members.
- With his/her registration, the participant confirms that he hasn't taken any lessons from a member of the jury within the last 12 months.
- Wilhelm Schimmel Pianoforte GmbH assumes no liability in the case of technical problems in submitting the registration form or uploading the requested files, preventing a
successful application and participation in the competition.
- The jury decides about the admission of the participant to the competition. There is no legal entitlement to admission to the competition.
- Admitted participants are obliged to appear to the designated audition appointment, and selected participants are obliged to perform during the prize-winner's concert. Wilhelm Schimmel
Pianoforte GmbH waives submission fees, but charges participants that don't appear to appointed times to the competition a processing fee of €200.
- Participants must register before their audition with their passport or identity card.
- Participants who do not submit all the required documents, do not confirm their participation on time, or arrive late for their audition may not request to be auditioned.
- The jury reserves the right to interrupt and stop the participant's performance.
- Wilhelm Schimmel Pianoforte GmbH has the right to exclude participants from the competition, who infringe on the competition's rules and regulations.
- Wilhelm Schimmel Pianoforte GmbH reserves the right to cancel, postpone or stop the competition at any time. This is especially applicable in the event that the competition is not
possible as a result of the current Corona regulations.
- The jury's decisions are final and incontestable.
- The participants declare consent that their application video and portrait photo, as well as photos and videos made during the competition and the prize-winner's concert, 22. -24.09.2023
showing him/her can be used, edited and saved for publishing on the company's webpages and social media profiles (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, WeChat), in publications (online and
printed) for advertising reasons (e.g. flyer, poster, catalogues) and for distribution to Schimmel Pianos press mailing list (editors of print and online media).
- Participants can't claim a remuneration for their performance or photos, video- or audio recording produced during the competition.
- The legal recourse is excluded.